When it comes to safety, there’s nothing more important in your vehicle than your brakes. That’s why it’s so important to have an ASE-Certified technician at your local Albuquerque NM Auto Repair shop perform regular brake maintenance. A brake check-up should include:
- Brand and dash warning lights
- Condition of brake hoses and brake lines
- Brake fluid level
- Brake lining wear
- Rotor thickness
Warning signs that your brakes may be in need of some repair or replacement from your local Albuquerque NM Auto Repair shop include:
- Vibrations: if your brake pedal vibrates when you apply pressure, it most likely means your brake's rotors are warped.
- Grinding/Squealing: These noises indicate that your brake pads are worn beyond replacement. If you hear these noises shortly after it rains, it’s normal.
- Glowing ABS Light: Many newer vehicles have an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) light that will glow when excessive build-up or metal particles from the brake system is detected.
- Low Pedal Feel: If your brake pedal reaches all the way to the ground, this could be a sign that you have little brake fluid or there is an air leak in the braking system.
- Brake Grabbing: If your vehicle tends to pull to one side when you apply the brakes, this most likely means your brake linings are wearing unevenly or you require a brake fluid flush.
You need to be confident about your brakes with every stop you make. Have your brake system inspected by an ASE-Certified technician at your local Albuquerque NM Auto Repair shop today if you experience any of these warning signs.